Stillwater Manufacturing Company
The Stillwater Manufacturing Company made doors, window blinds and window sashes. The firm was a subsidiary of the Minnesota Thresher Company. The plant burned down in 1894 and was replaced in 1900 by a four-story, metal-sided factory shown in the photographs. The building still stands at 410 North Main St. in Stillwater, MN.
The adjacent powerhouse and smokestack is on the National Registry of Historic Places. The history of the site is summarized on a Minnesota Inventory Form for the property and a Wickopedia article on the Isaac Staples Sawmill site.