St. James AME Church
St. James African Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1876 in Saint Paul. Membership in the church grew slowly and the church moved from it's original dwelling in a one room house, then to a location at Jay and Fuller streets in 1900. When this church was destroyed by fire in 1908, the congregation moved to the Court Hall, which housed a jail. The present building was built in 1948-1949.
To learn more about St. Jame's history see: St. James AME Church/history
To view the St. James homepage see: St. James AME Church